SUMMER CAMP 2023
Registration Now OPEN!
August 26th-September 1st 2023
Prices for camp range depending on the number of youth you are planning to send.
1 Camper: $560
2 Campers: $1070
3 Campers: $1580
Cost includes transportation, accommodations, T shirt, prizes, food, events, and activities. Packing lists will be released upon registration, however, for basics, campers need a sleeping bag, pillow and suitable clothing for an active day in the sun or rain.
All outstanding and new payments will now be going through the Greek Orthodox Community of East Vancouver, no longer the Hellenic Community of Vancouver. See below payment options:
1) Pay over the phone via credit card by calling the Greek Orthodox Community of East Vancouver at: (604)- 438-6432
2) Visit the Greek Orthodox Community of East Vancouver in person at 4541 Boundary Road, Vancouver BC V5R 2N5 to pay via cash, credit, debit or cheque. Please call ahead of time to coordinate an in-person payment date & time.
Cheques can be made out to: "Greek Orthodox Community of East Vancouver with the memo: "Camp Met BC Summer Camp 2023 [your childs/childrens name(s)]"
3) Mail Cheques to “Greek Orthodox Community of East Vancouver”: 4541 Boundary Road, Vancouver BC V5R 2N5
Drop Off - Saturday, August 26th
Pick Up - Friday, September 1st 2023
Campers will be returning on Friday September 1st 2023. We will be taking private boats, so pick-up time will vary. Therefore, we suggest pick-up time to be anywhere from 11:30am-12:30pm at the same location as Pick up. (Government Dock at Horseshoe bay).
Campers from Vancouver Island will need to be picked up from the Nanaimo Ferry Terminal at 3:15pm.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Have a wonderful rest of your summer and we look forward to seeing you all soon!
THE OFFICIAL CAMP MET BC SUMMER 2023 PACKING LIST
- Rain Coat and Pants (check forecast)
- Sleeping Bag and Pillow
- Flashlight & Batteries* (mandatory)
- Bath Towels (2)
- Socks & Underwear - min 1/day
- Personal Toiletries
- Shorts/Athletic Shorts
- Beach Towel -
- Insect Repellent****
- Jacket or Sweatshirts
- Prescription Meds
- Proper Running Shoes
- Swimsuit x2 (1 piece or tankini ONLY)
- Sun Hat/Ballcap
- Water Bottle
- Favorite Icon
- White/Blue Outfit(for our Dance Party)
- Long Sleeve top
- Tshirsts/Tank Tops
- Letter from Home - parents feel free to write a letter to your child that they can read if they feel homesick! This is especially useful for 1st time campers. You can pack this in your childs bag with them, or give them to leaders upon drop off.
Horseshoe Bay Terminal at 2:00 PM – Saturday August 26th, 2023. (Drop Off time is subject to change – if a change does occur you will be notified via email).
- Meet At "Government Dock" This is where the water taxis will pick us up. You can have cars pull up there, but not park for longer than a drop off. There is parking in the area, and closer to the ferry, though.
Campers from Vancouver Island will be traveling with 2 of our leaders to Horseshoe Bay from Nanaimo. They will meet up with the rest of the group at Horseshoe Bay and travel with them to Gambier. Vancouver Island campers will need to meet at Nanaimo Ferry Terminal at 12PM on August 26th.
See Horseshoe bay Map with drop off location circled in red.
7:00 am - Wake up and Wash-up!
7:30 am - Callisthenics
7:50 am - Matins (morning prayers)
8:30 am - Breakfast
9:00 am - Cabin Clean Up
9:30 am - Orthodox Life Discussions with Father
11:00 am - Crafts / Greek Dancing / Sports
12:30 pm - Lunch
1:30 pm - Free Time
2:00 pm - Water Sports
5:00 pm - Vespers
5:30 pm - Dinner
6:30 pm - Camp wide game (sports day style/carnival, etc.)
8:00 pm - Snack Time
8:30 – 10:30 pm - Wind Down - Bedtime
(Please note the typical day at camp schedule may change to enhance campers experience)
Camp Met Summer 2023 BC will be held at Camp Latona on Gambier Island!
We are excited to explore a new island and include some new activities and amenities into our Camp MET BC Program.
Here is a sneak peek of some exciting features of Camp Latona on beautiful Gambier Island!:
Only a 40 minute Boat ride from Horseshoe Bay
High Ropes Course + Low Ropes Course
Warm swimming water
Many hiking trails and out-trip opportunities
And SO MUCH MORE
Our energy, passion for faith and community is what defines Camp Met BC! We can’t wait to bring these things to Camp Latona and embark on this new adventure with our Camp Met BC Family!